I can't remember a short story I read in 8th grade?

What was that fictional short story about two men wandering in Alaska (or somewhere constantly snowy) in search of treasure or civilization and one of the guys is like "yo bro, i'm gonna die bro. please bro, as my dying wish, throw me in a fire bro." and the friend agrees, and then the dude dies and he carries his body to this big furnace in the middle of nowhere, yeets him in, and  walks away upset but before he gets too far he hears loud party music from inside the furnace and goes back and opens it up to see his previously dead friend alive and partying with other animals in the burning furnace????

• Tina
    Best Answer

This sounds like a version of a poem by Robert Service, The Cremation of Sam McGee.

You can read it here, and see:

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/45081/the-c...

So you've got jokes right? Sounds like you were reading the comics.

• Francis4 weeks agoReport

I wish it was a comic, ma dude. But this was a real story I read.

• Andrew

I doubt you've ever read anything other than the instructions on the back of the Pop-Tarts box.

• Andrew
      4 weeks agoReport

And I can tell from that remark that you couldn't come up with something witty in a thousand lifetimes. Go pack another bowl, head.