Why do homosexuals deny the reality of gay drug use? Are they not concerned?

Party n' Play (PNP). High n' Horny (HNH). Chems sex. It all means the same: extreme, hedonistic drug fuelled sex parties. This has reached "crisis" levels in major cities with large gay populations including New York, LA, London and Paris where up to 1/3 of gay men in these places has experienmented or become addicted. It has been fueling the HIV epedemic among gay men in these cities. The drugs of choice include crystal meth, cocaine, GHB and ketamine.

Update:

@iammclane, you can't be serious. Anyone who's worked in a drug related field knows exactly what's going on with gay men and let's be real here, it's usually white gay men. The fact is there is a higher percentage of gay men doing this versus heterosexuals. I don't think I have ever heard of heterosexuals having poly-drug use parties, especially ones involving crystal meth and GHB. The fact that the police turn a blind eye to it but they know of it.

Update 2:

So if you don't want to discuss the health consequences of this drug use, how about the socail unfairness? A black woman can be shot for sitting in her house watching TV, but lots of white gay men in major metropolitan areas are supporting and getting away with heavy drug use.

Update 3:

PREP can fail in these situations because the men are so high or in a depressive state from come downs that they forget to take their PREP, or worse, if they're HIV positive they forget to take their meds, but they'll go around telling people they're undetectable. There's a disconnect: promoting PREP use, promoting undetecable, but apathy on drug use. Do you see the problem here? I do, but the health care community turns a blind eye.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Anon - regardless of what you've read or where you've read it - since you're obviously a pretty smart person you should be able to notice that there is no way in hell anyone could collect the data necessary to support a conclusion that "up to 1/3 of gay men in these places" have done ANYthing.  NO one has that data.  NO one knows how many gay men live in ANY city, and NO one knows what sexual practices individual gay men indulge in.  It's impossible data to collect.

Clinics CAN collect data on newly-infected HIV patients and their sexual histories, and they DO have data on newly-positive patients and their drug use (but not on their attendance at sex parties).  They also do NOT have data on drug use and sex-party-attendance from all those individuals who have NOT subsequently gone to be tested.  As a result, the correlation between HIV infection and chemsex or sex parties remains undefined.

Make no mistake - Chemsex and sex parties exist, and have existed as long as alcohol has been around, but they WEREN'T invented by homosexuals.  In the gay milieu the parties have become more numerous due to the invention of hook-up apps, and possibly also due to research suggesting PrEP is effective in preventing the transmission of HIV.  Common sense might suggest that such practices must increase the number of new HIV infections each year, but so far there is NO statistical evidence that this is happening.  New HIV infections per year (in the USA) have remained essentially UNCHANGED since 2012.

Lastly, all but a few homosexuals do not deny that some of their friends (gay or straight) use drugs during sex, nor that they know people who have attended either gay or straight sex parties.  It is not reasonable to imagine that they should be any more concerned about that than YOU are - since YOU no doubt are acquainted with persons who do the same things (even if you are unaware of their activities).

• iammclane
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I'm not saying that's the profile of a typical young MSM.  I'm saying that those stupidities are at large in the gay milieu, and they DO claim a number of young victims every day.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Young people can be very stupid. But if you watch the boob tube it seems like all the party people do it.

• 4 weeks ago

Because #yolo. Most gay men know about the reality of drug use, some just don't care

• iammclane
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

It's debatable whether most drug users know about "the reality of drug use".  Party drugs notoriously make users un-self-aware.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't do drugs, never have and don't know that anyone I've been with did either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

As has always been happening. Nothing new here.

• iammclane
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

This is reaction to a recent story in the UK press that was picked up by NBC and CBS in the US.  Such stories seem to be recycled every 5 years or so.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Why are conservatives so obsessed with gay male sex?

Source(s): "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" ~ William Shakespeare
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

People are going to do what they want to do with their lives gay or not and that has nothing to do with anyone else.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.