Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 weeks ago

Which of these girls names do you like the best?

Rachaelle (ray-chell)

Michaela (mick-kay-luh)

Jasminda

Andrina

Foristica

Argonette

Flora

Maddisin

• PiK

I think that if you feel it is necessary to include a pronunciation key, the name will be burdensome. If you need to include a pronunciation key, you will constantly be correcting people with how to say and spell your child's name, then they will have to do the same thing for the rest of their life.

That said, I do like Flora, Andrina, and Michaela (the traditional spelling is a nice change of pace from the more modern Mikayla) quite a bit. I like Flora the best though. I love that it is a short and phonetically spelled name. Names like that can give a child an advantage in school. The first major task for all kids is to write their names, so short names that are relatively easy to sound out leads to kids learning to write their names faster than their peers. The faster a child can learn to write their name, the faster they can move on and learn other things. Some kids keep this educational advantage throughout their schooling and sometimes other peers catch up, but if you can give a kid an advantage like that with a name you like, wouldn't you?

• John P

Except for "Flora" they look slightly or very weird.

My picks, with commentary...

Rachaelle- Preferably Rachelle, no extra unnecessary vowel and the traditional spelling. A beautiful French version of the Hebrew Rachel. Though typically pronounced Ruh-shell.

Michaela- A pretty name, though I do like the more modern Makayla for this one. Kayla and Kallie are cute nns for this one.

• Jose

I don't care for any of the choices listed, but would lean slightly to Argonette.

I like Michaela best.

Why on earth do you need to write how to say Michaela?

I dislike all of them. Rachaelle is pretentious and will never be said like that. Maddisin makes you look illiterate. Foristica and Argonette are hideous. That leaves Flora, Michaela Andrina or Jasminda, none of which are particularly wonderful but at least they're names, spelt correctly.

None of them. Hanging a hard to pronounce name which she will have to explain for the rest of her life is a stupid selfish thing to do. Why would you do that to a child? Let alone a future adult. Ok so she will hate what you did to her. Please make it easy for your child to become the person that you want her to be.

Michaela or Andrina

Jasminda or Maddisin

You should go for Forsitica, your kid will be forever known as Foreskin.