as a gay asian man, why can't I be looked at as a masculine handsome man as opposed to some feminine Twink bottom for some other dude?

it sucks that we get this stereotype.

I am not a bottom, not a Twink, not feminine

I am fairly masculine. I am not macho, but I still am a man.

I refuse to be some other guys bottom as well

what makes it worse is all the feminine Twink gay asian guys that only enforce the stereotype even further.

I hate gay asian guys and I don't want to associate myself with them

Best Answer

It's good that you are breaking away from the femmy Asian gay men.

They are a plague on all of the beautiful and masculine Western men.

Come join the Real Men!

You can? IDK get some more muscles if they're mistaking you for a twink.

Look - ALL gay men MUST deal with being stereotyped.  It just comes with the territory.  If you're gay, you can't avoid being viewed by many people as a weakling, as a coward, as submissive, as a liar, as effeminate, as a transvestite, as a sex fiend, as a reprobate, and as a paedophile.  Every gay man puts up with that.

You seem to be worried that the stereotype of the effeminate "rice queen" is a special burden for you because you're Asian.  The fact is that any gay man who entertains a stereotype for Asians like that is NOT WORTH YOUR WORRY.  As gay men, they should be hyper-aware that stereotypes based on sexuality are a bunch of garbage - and if they're NOT, then you haven't missed out on anything when they turn their noses up at you.  You should consider that a blessing, instead of stressing about it.  F them.

If you find that gay venues where most Asian acquaintances go are too full of screaming, whining boy-toy-wannabe's, then don't dis THEM - just move on to some other watering hole.  There are a zillion places where a handsome, masculine Asian man would be more than welcome.

Because gaysian men are usually stereotyped as being feminine and are feminized in the gay community. East Asians are oftentimes perceived as being less masculine than their white and black American counterparts. Such an idea fueled the phenomenon that being a bottom in a homosexual relationship for East Asian men is more of a reflection of what is expected of them, than a desire.

Racism and stereotypes, my dude. Stand tall and have pride!

• reme_1

Look up. Be proud of who you are. If you act small people will see you as small.

Asian people are beautiful. I fell in love with a woman for the first time in Japan and my heart still goes back there.

I did not see "little " people; I saw beautiful people.

Well get you some muscles and grow a beard if you can. You are not exempt from looking like a masculine man