Can i sue walmart for workers comp or something if i get hurt doing the self checkout?

if their employee gets hurt checking out my foods and stuff then they get paid workers comp.  If im doing the same stuff then there should be a monetary safty net in case i get hurt 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

How are you going to hurt yourself as a cashier, at checkout? It is virtually impossible. Don't think that they just hand over the money. There has to be a witness and they will investigate.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
    • Joey3 weeks agoReport

You never know what could happen. Sprain your wrist. Cut yourself on the machine. A lil peanut butter may be on the machine causing you to have a reaction. Ypur finger could get stuck in the change dispenser. You could accidently put your head in one of those bags and suffacte.

• 3 weeks ago

You don't work there, it is not worker's comp.

All depends on how you got hurt. If they were not negligent, then you get nothing for hurting yourself.

• 3 weeks ago

Not worker’s compensation because you’re not an employee.

• 3 weeks ago

Hurt yourself at the self checkout and try to sue Walmart.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I'm going to look directly at the scanning laser, blind myself, and then refuse to leave the store until someone gives me at least one million dollars.

A five gallon bucket of animal crackers would also be fair compensation.

• Kid Mohawk
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

If they're not the ones that have that pink frosting on them, then you're a horrible human being.

• 3 weeks ago

If you get hurt while using a self-checkout, then I can only pray Walmart uploads it to YouTube so I can laugh at you.

• Joey3 weeks agoReport

Or even bang your pinky toe on the corner of the machine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.