Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 1 month ago

Is it actually safe in New York City?

I suppose Manhattan is the best place to live?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

NYC is overall a very safe place. Manhattan in particular is safe. The "best" place to live though will vary by person, preferences, and circumstances. Manhattan is a great place to live, but it's super expensive.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, New is safe City.

• 4 weeks ago

What do you mean by safe??? Are you asking if nobody ever gets mugged or raped or murdered in NYC? I don't understand the question! Nothing is safe.

• 4 weeks ago

Manhattan is good if you like a very urban area.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Ya who says it’s not ????

• Sharon
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

NYC covers 590 square miles, 8.3 million people and hundreds of neighborhoods. Any statement you care to make is true somewhere in the city, from totally safe to immanent death! Manhattan has safe areas and dangerous areas, as do the other four boroughs. Taken as a whole Staten Island has the lowest crime rates and the highest cancer rates. I've lived in every borough but Brooklyn, and like Inwood and Morningside Heights (Manhattan), Flushing (Queens), and several parts of S.I.

• 1 month ago

It would help if you explained why you feel that Manhattan is the best place to live.  If you are talking in terms of safety, Staten Island has lower crime rates - southern Brooklyn even lower still........

• 1 month ago

I think I would rather knock my own tooth out than ever go back to New York city.  

• 1 month ago

Manhattan is very safe, as it's basically a giant tourist trap at this point. But living there is beyond expensive, and the entire area is congested as hell. Homelessness is making a major comeback around Manhattan. You'll see people sleeping on sidewalks at night, or in parking lots, so if that would upset you then it's certainly not for you. But the worst of it is the solicitors who scream from every corner, trying to sell people on tours and bus passes and other nonsense.

• 1 month ago

If you have money, Manhattan could be the best place to live.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.