Ruth asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Republicans: Trump won't be the 2020 nominee, Romney will?

Republicans need not worry about Trump reelection. They just need to make sure that he doesn't go to prison for the high crime of treason. They need to worry about getting Trump removed from office without imprisonment or worse. Treason carries the death sentence.

Trump's lawyers know this and are just focused on getting Trump removed peacefully.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Yes, but are Rump supporters going to back a guy as smart as Romney? They don't trust intelligent candidates. Maybe if they could find Joe the Plumber.

• 4 weeks ago

I'm guessing you don't have the slightest clue what constitutes treason.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Anybody who opposes the pack of clowns Dems laughingly call "presidential hopefuls" will be fine with us. We just prefer Trump because watching liberal heads explode when he wins, (again), will be a giggle.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I think the 2020 election will be cancelled so I predict neither will.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Idiot.........................

• 4 weeks ago

First of all, there's no -treason- here.  Not every crime committed by or against The President is -treason-. 

There is some possibility that Congressional Republican leadership will suddenly decide they can no longer protect Trump.  That's what happened with Nixon.  If/when that happened, Trump would resign--as Nixon did--because he'd know he couldn't win.

I don't see Mike Pence successfully running for president.  His support is narrow but deep--just the Christian right.  And they are losing power today, not gaining power. 

So yeah, if Trump quit (or was removed) and Pence became president, it would most likely be just to finish out Trump's term.  They'd find some other guy to run in 2020.  It MIGHT be Romney, because he's very popular, he's not seen as too extreme, relatively well-spoken, etc. 

On the other hand, though, Romney performed very disappointingly in 2012.  And there would be a handful of powerful Repubs lining up to take control, to move the party in a new direction.

• 4 weeks ago

Ok you just keep thinking that.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Let's all say names.

It's as important as a horse race.

Gun control.

Immigration decriminalization

Boo!

• Nick
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Romney has already run for President and didn’t have much support then. So I doubt he will get much more support now.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

He is not going to Prison and the racist democrats will lose

• Tim
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

If you want to see real racism look at Virginia's top three Democrats.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.