Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 weeks ago

If you hunt a deer can you only take part of the carcass?

If you shoot a deer can you just take part of it and leave the rest there?

Update:

Its for food. What does it even matter if im following "sportsman's code" I want it for food

7 Answers

Relevance
  • abdul
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

That depends on the jurisdiction. In many areas, you can be charged with a crime for killing then leaving a carcass. edit'

It isn't "sportsmans rules" it is state and federal laws. You're not a hunter, you're a troll

• C T M
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I know why you're using the anonymous feature, you SHOULD BE embarrassed about these stupid questions you've been asking. Trolls are cowards, the anonymous feature lets you be faceless cowards

• Robin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no you have to take it all and dont waste any

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I only take the back strap and antlers if they are nice. Leave the rest . Worms gotta eat same as us.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Some people field dress deer and only take maybe 1/2 of big ones because they can't carry more walking out 5 miles of brush- leaving something for scavengers is considered just one of those things for situation and coyotes got to eat also. Most hunters would try to take gutted deer out, take heart, liver while leaving rest of gut pile, lower legs, hooves, lungs- hungry hunters might even leave the horns/antlers. Survival hunting rules differ from 'sporting' rules and 'Poaching Meat' rules. Lakota and Shish Indie, Dineh hunting practice is everything gets back to cook pot, hide stretcher to be used.

• 4 weeks ago

Why would I need to hunt a deer

• curmudgeon55
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

food. Vegans in country mid February starve or eat meat when they run out of canned beans.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You can, but it is really frowned upon. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.