Favorite philosopher? And why?

Mr. Spock. Vulcan philosophy is much more advanced that human philosophy.

David Benatar because he uses logic and empathy to create a extinction agenda for all life.

I like Socrates, and how he called out the ignorance of society and govt leaders right away. There'd be more sanity in the world, if everybody just read and understood his cave analogy.

Myself. Because my take on life has been influenced by Greta Thunberg, Christ, Thoreau, MLK, Gandhi, Buddha, Emerson, Snoop Dogg, John Lennon, and others

Lately Greta Thunberg.

Tells it in an honest, philosophy way, citing the science

of how & why the situation is "an Emergency" now.

Source(s): Greta's insight, courage & humanity^ ( ^ for Some out there... her-youthful-humanity )
    • peter m
      3 weeks agoReport

She saw it differently from the very beginning.

Benny Hill

"Do unto others, then run"

"The odds against there being a bomb on a plane are a million to one, and against two bombs a million times a million to one. Next time you fly, cut the odds and take a bomb."

"Girls are like pianos. When they're not upright, they're grand."

• j153e

Plotinus; taught God-realization. "Return to the One: Plotinus's Guide to God-Realization," Brian Hines.

Terrance Mckenna.

Why? A wide lexicon, a pristine diction, a divergent scientific interest, an eccentric theoretician, an unbridled explorer of all kinds of life, minds, and events. Covering everything from the origins of mushrooms to the practical viability of chaos theory.

• Yes, thank you for that spelling correction. I have suffered from poor spelling even in primary school. I usually have spell check fix them for me, but I don't have it on my current chrome book.

jim morrison i woke up this morning and got myself a beer the futures uncertain and the end is always near

• peter m
      3 weeks agoReport

NO SO Near (an end) as to have had many mistakes made in learning -particularly the known bad one in progressive philosophy- & also the impending catastrophic mistake associated with science or technology.. & now from Philosophy since Greta T (Fossil fuel's CO2, methane OVERLOAD..).        

• Roger Scruton.

He has devised a philosophical theory that encompasses both the cause and solutions to many of life’s problems.