laura asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

Have I failed in life?

I wanted a family 

Even just a place of my own

But no. Stuck with parents forever 

How embarrassing and what a failure. I’m not from a rich family. I really tried. Worked my whole life. Degrees.. means nothing

Ireland is depressing

I can’t seem to make it here

I’m 33. Nearly 34. An absolute loser. 

Save money and move to UK or Canada or somewhere where you can earn a decent living and start a family.

• Chanel

If it's any consolation, many adult children still live with their parents. The statistics show that more adults are living at home than 20 or 30 years ago.

Without giving my age I promise you I was older than 30 when I got my diploma

If you take classes and study something you will start to have more confidence in yourself.

Oh, come on, you have 30 or 40 good years left. Go see a therapist, and figure out why you are stuck and, with the therapist's help, set weekly goals to move forward in life. You're not a loser. You work and have degrees, but you're going to need to take some risks to move forward. The longer you stay with your parents, the more you will be part of the problem that keeps you at home. Leave. You'll struggle for a year, and then you'll start to feel better about yourself. but, see a therapist, because what you're describing is called depression.

Put yourself out there travel to another country, get a job that you enjoy, meet guys or girls at parks and shops

• j153e

Of course you're not.

Give your suffering to God.

Maybe read "For Couples Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn.

Keep a cat or dog, love your parents, keep a garden.

• j153e
      3 weeks agoReport

Ironic that "psyche" means "soul" and integration with God's Soul and will is central to well-being.

God cannot be moved or insulted, even if disrespected. Such insults reflect back on false-pathness.

You say it's sad.

Get hobbies first.

Do them outside and you'll meet friends.

As for the loser part,that means nothing.

Don't dwell on it.

• Zarif3 weeks agoReport

I think his hobbies are done inside the house like reading or gaming.

i dont think so, you shouldnt feel like a failure or loser

It's difficult to answer a question like this when you didn't even point out what you are seeking in life.

• Zarif3 weeks agoReport

He said it at the beginning, a family and self-sufficiency.