Why can't atheists prove their claim that death is the end?

• Best Answer

We don't claim that. We simply say that there is NO objective evidence to suggest that death isn't the end.

If you want to claim that there is any existence past death, then you have to shoulder Burden of Proof and present the objective, empirical, confirmable, testable evidence to scientific scrutiny to prove that awareness continues past death.

Think of it this way - if you and I are standing at a table, and there is nothing on that table that can be seen, felt, touched, moved, smelt, etc. i.e. the table is empty, then that fact is the baseline. I do not need to present any evidence that the table is empty beyond the evidence of my own senses.

If you however, then claim that there is a bowl of pudding on the table, Burden of Proof lies with you to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the bowl is there. It does NOT lie with me to try to prove that the pudding isn't real. You have to prove it is.

• Raven Slight
      4 weeks agoReport

Mr. C,
      Recall that the level of certainty you have in that you "just feel that there's something more after death" is the same level of certainty other people have when they stated "Africans and Women are no more than property", "Homosexuality is an abomination against God's Natural Order", etc.

Because it is not and every Born again Christian that has ever lived knows that death isn't the end. If you will allow it the God you are trying to disprove will prove Himself to you. God is a Spirit and we are created spiritual beings with the ability to have a Spiritual relationship with God. If you don't accept this you are putting yourself in the same class as animals.

The problem is that everything we understand about maintaining life is gone at death. We see the connection to the mind and the physical brain, where brain damage or even drugs and alcohol can to the foods we eat can affect or physical brains that alters our minds as a result. It's like believing a car can keep running after it is out of gas. While this is not an absolutely certainty that there is not some kind of magical afterlife, there are no good reasons to predict or assume this. Even if an afterlife could exist, it doesn't guarantee any Gods are involved. You are left with nothing to go on for after death and many things we understand about life that makes an afterlife hard to comprehend though it's quite easy to imagine.

Death is the end, its a fact.

Atheists haven’t proved this yet? ....to your satisfaction, I mean.

I thought it was a done deal that sciency types, the intelligencia, had all abandoned notions of the afterlife.....as a vital consequence of god’s non existence.

So there remains a problem with the afterlife. What? It is your problem.

I'm not atheist I'm agnostic. While I don't think the idea of a supernatural force is impossible, I see almost no possibility of it being a a man in the sky that creates every piece of matter, watches your every movement, and damns you to eternal pain & misery if you do something that doesn't please him. I think it's more likely that the universe itself may have some supernatural components that we don't quite understand.

No one could prove it either way.

• Mack

So far 100% accurate....

same reason that jesus freaks can't prove an afterlife

• When have atheists ever proven ANYTHING? They claim God is not real, yet it has taken them 2019 years and COUNTING to give proof.

Source(s): God

We can.

Millions of dead bodies have been observed and measured before and after death. These studies consistently and repeatedly demonstrate the end of all processes.

If you have evidence to the contrary then please share with the class.