On an airplane that is 2/3 full, 25% of the passengers are boys, 1/3 are girls, 20% are men and there are 26 women, how many seats on plane?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    What does this have to do with personal finance?

  • 4 weeks ago

    And this is in personal finance, why ???

    Source(s): sharpen your pencil and do the arithmetic
  • Don G
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    The boys, girls and men = 78.3% of total passengers. There are 26 women, who are the remaining 21.7%. Since 26 = 21.7% of total, then the total must be 

     26 / .217, or 120. And 120 = 2/3 of full capacity, so total capacity = 120 / .667, or 180.

  • Greg
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    There are 180 seats on the airplane.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • KaleyK
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    The number of passengers is .25P + .33P + ..20P + 26 = P

    Simplify to .78P + 26 = P

    26 = .22P

    P = 120

    (keep in mind that the .33 is a repeating .3333333333333333)

    There are 120 passengers on the airplane

    30 boys

    40 girls

    24 men

    26 women

    The plane is 2/3 full .... so 120 is 2/3

    120 / 2/3 = 180 seats on the airplane

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.