For those who were formerly left leaning but gravitated towards the right: What influenced you to make the switch?

For me it was the awful realization that what used to be left, where I stood, was not considered left anymore. I felt like the party had gone running off, chasing some impossibility. They started supporting things I can't possibly reconcile with. Despite being LGBT, I was condemned for not migrating towards this drastic end result. They branded me as a traitor to their community, and so I walked away in time to vote for Trump in 2016 and I am likely to do it again in 2020.

I am curious as to why others have done the same. This is not much of a request for an answer, but for your stories.

• I woke up and realized that supporting left-wing politics went against my own interests. It was a slow change for me, but I’ve been right-leaning for about a year now.

Source(s): Bisexual

you can't spell hatred without red hat

• reme_1

Trump keeps doing things that will ruin this country. And he and his ****** vp hate gays. Why the hell would you support him. At least find someone who seems to have his head screwed on right.

I got tired of SJWs and PC culture.

Excessive liberalism, progressivism, idealism and unrealistic expectations that are out of touch with human nature.

The only problem is you have things exactly backwards.

Since 1980 the democratic party has followed the republican party to the right. The democratic establishment now occupies positions similar to Reagan, while the republican party is way out on the right fringe, Bernie Sanders and other progressives are trying to return the democratic party to it's New Deal roots of supporting workers ahead of corporations and profit and that is not radical.

My take is you're either very confused, possibly by conservative propaganda or your simply an internet troll, possibly of Russian origin.

People have the habit of taking all of he baggage they have accumulated for en entire group of people and applying it to the unfortunate person who identifies with said group, and that makes it impossible to have a decent, open conversation with them. I just got fed up with people assuming I supported something because I identified with a movement/ political group. For example, people used to assume that since I supported Hillary, that I supported the things she likes, such as the abortion of healthy fetuses. I don't mind what others believe, I just personally don't believe in that. Anyway, I just hated the image being a leftist gave me