Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysHalloween · 4 weeks ago

what can  i do for halloween when my friends all go out without me?

hi all. recently, i heard that my friends (and some ex friends) all have plans to go to some big party for halloween, dress up using the same costume idea that i wanted to do so badly last year (but they hated and rejected), and go trick or treating on my street. i live on main street in my town, where everyone always trick or treats. so, if i were to hand out candy, i would see them at some point, and it would be awkward. any ideas on what i can do instead? i’m getting to the point where i’m too old to trick or treat, so i’m thinking of just stopping for good this year. but i have no idea what to do besides sit at home with the lights off. please help!

I'd say dress up however you want to and hand out candy to the kids. If you see these ex-friends coming, just shut the door. If they're going to a party, they might not even come around and it'd be fun to still see the little kids enjoying themselves. Or just keep the lights off, have some close friends over and watch a scary movie. These people sound phony to me and they're not good friends, so go your own direction, try to be the better person and do yourself a favor by trying to forget about them. Don't let them ruin your holiday, whatever you decide to do!

i would just hand out candies to the kids

Sounds to me like these people are not your friends if so they would include you. They also wouldn't have been rude about your choice of costume last year. Friends are supposed to lift you up, not bring you down.

I'd suggest you find some other people around your age, invite them over & have your own party or watch scary movies.

FYI you are not likely not too old to go Trick or Treating. I live in a college town and we get college students who are between 18-22 or older that come to our door for candy.

I'm old and don't have friends to go trick or treating. My favorite thing to do now is sit out on the driveway, give away a sh!tload of candy and engage the kids about their costumes.