Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Do you think she was mean?

I was a in group project in college with 2 other people in my group. When we got together in class, the guy in our group told us that he wanted to set up a time to meet and practice all day. The other girl in our group started shouting and was so mad that she turned red and said, "WHAT? YOU WANT US PRACTICE ALL DAY FOR ONE PRESENTATION? I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!" Then when it came time to practice, she made excuses and said she was at the mechanics, but yet in every other class, she was always there.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • `
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Although the delivery of the statement was over the top, it wasn't necessarily "mean."

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

You're assigned group projects so as to learn to work well in groups, including group work well with group members you don't agree with or don't like. Group members should state their positions, voice their concerns without anger or shouting. And courteously seek a consensus.

Mean = cruel, malicious, nasty, sadistic.

I don't see anything there about being overly dramatic, about not being a team player.

• 3 weeks ago

'Mean' is what six-year-olds say when they fall out with a friend. I don't see how 'mean' fits here at all. She was rude and she over-reacted.

• 3 weeks ago

It is possible this person was emphasizing their perspective on all day practice being a waste of her time, hence her absence.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jenna
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

All-day practicing is excessive, an hour or two is fine. She was not mean, she was rude and inconsiderate. If she was not happy with the practice time she should have expressed a time or negotiated something more suitable. I would practice without her and let your Professor know.

• 3 weeks ago

Maybe dont pay attention

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

she sounds mean to me too

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I think you should let it slide and move on to the next task. It can be really annoying when some people on your team aren't team players but it happens sometimes. If you let yourself get mad about other people, you will lose sight on what is actually important, your education. Really, there are dumb people out there, there are lazy people out there, and there are mean people out there. You shouldn't let them get in your way too much. I know it is easier to say than do.

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

She's a slacker. Take to your professor about that.

• Flyaway3 weeks agoReport

She isn't because she did good in the presentation, honestly even better than the both of us. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.