Ladies would you get dental work done if you were 38 weeks pregnant ?

That’s how far along I currently am and I have a terrible toothache and I want to get it extracted. But I’m concerned about getting work done so close to my due date but the pain is unbearable and it’s infected so I need antibiotics which is another concern I have so late in my pregnancy. Would you wait till the baby’s born or just go ahead and get it done?

That would be something I would be discussing with my doctor and dentist.

• Jerry

I would seek expert advice from my medical team and my dentist, not turn to the assorted trolls, morons, pranksters, and other denizens of Yahoo!Answers.

• MissA

I would talk to my doctor and dentist and not rely on the opinions of people from the internet. Dental work in pregnancy isn't risk free. Neither is a mouth infection.

I did. Nothing is more fun later than holding a howling baby in a dental chair, while the dentist tries to ignore it.