Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 weeks ago

Do you like romance subplots?

• CD

It depends on what the subplot is, I suppose.

Some people do, some people don't.

• bubba

Narp what a way to ruin a good story

I like a well-written book with a good story. Whether there are sub-plots of any kind is irrelevant.

• chorle

Yes, preferably ones without love triangles or love trapezoids as a male reader/listener subplots is where romance belongs in stories written for me.

• Marli

Not really. I enjoyed the first Brother Cadfael mystery by Ellis Peters "A Morbid Taste For Bones" and the first of Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody mysteries because the romances complicated the main plot; but Cadfael saving at least one pair of sweet young couples from themselves per novel and Amelia's Ramses doing the lovesick puppy over his parents' ward was too boring and repetitive. (I admit I didn't get tired of Amelia's and Emerson's passion; but the professor seemed to lose strength as he aged )

No I like cheese and eggs

I only read nonfiction. Not a lot of romance subplots in those books.

Only if they are relevant to the main plot. When it's forced, it feels unnecessary and it takes one right out of the film/show/book.

• Kevin

depends on the type of book, and if they are well written