Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 weeks ago

Can you hunt deer with a .22 short or .22 CB's?

They are quiet but deadly. You could take down a deer without anyone hearing, or the other deer hearing, so you might be able to take more deer with a head shot after the first one.

That's a very bad idea!

• C T M

I know why you're using the anonymous feature, you SHOULD BE embarrassed about these stupid questions you've been asking. Trolls are cowards, the anonymous feature lets you be faceless cowards

Only if you are not an ethical hunter. A true sportsman tries to prevent suffering of the animal so uses a round that can kill quickly. A 22 LR or anything of less power just will not do it. Many states require a 30 caliber or higher for deer.

It amazes me how different states have different laws. One of the things I like about YA is how much we differ state to state. We can do things where I live other areas can't and vice versa. Life is a mystery sometimes.

No I won't tell you where I live but it is West of the Mississippi.

• Robin

in my area a fully moderated rifle for deer in the smallest calibre is 240 and nothing smaller unless you are an illegal poacher

• Megumi

No, that is illegal and ignorant.

You can hunt a deer with a large rock on a rope, but that doesnt make it legal or a good idea.

Not legal and not remotely practical.

Doubtful....

But it's illegal and unethical to use a 22long