Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 weeks ago

Can you hunt deer with a .22 short or .22 CB's?

They are quiet but deadly. You could take down a deer without anyone hearing, or the other deer hearing, so you might be able to take more deer with a head shot after the first one.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

That's a very bad idea!

• C T M
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I know why you're using the anonymous feature, you SHOULD BE embarrassed about these stupid questions you've been asking. Trolls are cowards, the anonymous feature lets you be faceless cowards

• 3 weeks ago

Only if you are not an ethical hunter. A true sportsman tries to prevent suffering of the animal so uses a round that can kill quickly. A 22 LR or anything of less power just will not do it. Many states require a 30 caliber or higher for deer.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It amazes me how different states have different laws. One of the things I like about YA is how much we differ state to state. We can do things where I live other areas can't and vice versa. Life is a mystery sometimes.

No I won't tell you where I live but it is West of the Mississippi.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

in my area a fully moderated rifle for deer in the smallest calibre is 240 and nothing smaller unless you are an illegal poacher

• Megumi
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

No, that is illegal and ignorant.

• 3 weeks ago

You can hunt a deer with a large rock on a rope, but that doesnt make it legal or a good idea.

• 3 weeks ago

Not legal and not remotely practical.

• 4 weeks ago

Doubtful....

But it's illegal and unethical to use a 22long

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.