Breakthrough asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Have you ever met a very skinny person who became very fat?

I met a guy in his late teens to early 20s - he was charming and good looking and happy and popular and dated any girl he desired

I ran into him now and he is very over weight and socially isolated and his face is full of wrinkles and he doesn't walk around with a smile on his face the way he did when he was 19

He is also riding the bus so I'm assuming he hasn't achieved his financial goals yet

I considered talking to him but decided it was too awkward to talk to somebody you barely know

Yes. My husband was clinically hyperactive as a teen and extremely underweight. It caused a lot of health problems. As he grew older his metabolism finally slowed and he gained a lot of weight. He's much happier now that he doesn't have to eat every 2 hours or risk passing out, although the doctor has pressured him to lose weight.

And he makes $160,000 per year and takes the bus. It's easier than driving in the traffic between here and the office, and his office charges $250 per month for parking buy pays for a free bus pass for employees. Many of his co-workers, who also make more than $150K per year, ride the bus.