Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Worst thing I ever did. ?

About 20 odd years ago when I was about 10 I would always see the mum of one kid in my street with the dad of another kid on my street. I think they travelled to work together and were ways laughing and chatting. 

I told another kid (not either of the above pairing’s kids) that I had seen them kiss. No idea why I did that I think I was just a silly kid that wanted to sound cool or something? 

Anyway the families broke up. 

I have always felt guilty about it, could what I said have caused it? I would like to think that a rumour from a kid couldn’t damage a happy marriage, but I feel like a terrible person whenever I remember it. 

• Linda

Probably not. Even if it got back to them what you said, if would not be enough to break them up. They broke up because they were not happy together, so don't feel guilty.

It would appear that, yes, what you said could have caused the divorce.

Of course "what you said could have caused it." You should feel guilty.

My story? Our BABYSITTER claimed that my husband had attempted to kiss her. Her MOTHER called me with the "news." I was there. I picked her up and dropped her off. I believed my husband and told the mother she could file a Police Report if that was her choice. She no longer babysat for us, of course.

Flash forward 6 months - same babysitter claimed another husband/father tried to kiss her. Pretty much the same conversation with the mother.

Two months later the babysitter made the same claim about someone else. That mother/wife filed charges with the Police.

The girl had emotional problems and had accused more than ten men of trying to kiss her. She ended up in some sort of psychotherapy - for good reason - but she very easily could have divided ten families.

Why did you claim you saw them kissing? That's "cool" where you live? Quite frankly, I'm shocked. But I believe in karma, and some day your relationship is going to be impacted by a lie.

• Lujk

worst thing i ever did: some dude came up to me and asked directions for some store. i gave him the directions and he thanked me. later i realized i gave him the wrong directions and i think about what happened to him ever since

That's unfortunate, but you are not asking a question.

• Judith
      1 month agoReport

Read the question which is could what she said have caused the divorce.