Windows keeps breaking, hardware issue? ?

I bought a custom water loop, a new case, and a 2tb ssd. After installing everything I tried to boot my computer off my 512gb m.2 nvme which I used before and still plan on using as my boot drive with windows 10 pro, but it didn't show up as a boot able drive. I installed windows on my 2tb ssd and backed up important files off the m.2 drive, then reinstalled windows on it. I've tried on those two drives and on my old 250gb ssd to install windows but after just an hour or so after every installation I reboot my pc and get a "your pc needs to be repaired screen" could this be a hardware issue? I kept all my parts on their non static wrapping on my desk and nothing ever got wet. So I'm lost at this point.

System specs:Gigabyte Aorus Z390 ProI9-9900kGigabyte Aorus RTX 2080ti 32gb DDR4-3200 (4 Sticks) Samsung 970 Pro M.2 nvme 512gbSeagate Barracuda 2tb SSD2x 2tb Seagate Barracuda HDD 7200RPM in raid 0EVGA SuperNOVA T2 850 W 80+ TitaniumPhanteks Luxe 2 caseWater cooling setup: (all from ekwb) Velocity RGB CPU + Gpu waterblocksD5 pump + reservoir combo 360 + 480 rads w/noctua 7 fans +1 case fanI did a 24 hour leak test and there were no leaks

• cmac'm
    Best Answer

Seems odd, not sure what the conflict is. Have you checked the bios on your motherboard and is it up to date?

• Super weird, I was using F5 until a couple weeks ago no problem. I updated to F10, and I haven't had any problems yet. 

• George

Windows only accepts one set of hardware for each edition opf it's licence. If you change your hardware as you have done, it thinks it's on a different computer and is designed not to work until you pay Microsoft the full licence fee again.

I keep on telling people to switch to Linux which is problem free, but so very few bother to follow my advice!

• The thing is, this is not the first hardware update I've done, but switched out almost ever component before and it's never done this. The only things Ive changed this time is the case and added an ssd. I highly doubt my licence isn't being accepted over adding an ssd, considering previous changes.