Would I still be able to see my family if I'm in army reserve?

Members of the reserves serve 1 weekend a month an 2 weeks every year. The spend the remaining 90% of their time as civilians.

• Daniel

Other than when you are doing initial training or activated and sent somewhere else, you are only working one weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer.  Do you think they keep reservists in prison for the rest of the time?  Unless you don't live near your unit, you'll usually see your family at night during drill weekends.  Even during your two weeks in the summer you might not go far from home.  

• ?

Yes, as you normally be on duty or training for one weekend (two days) a month plus 15 active duty days for training. So normally except for the active duty and training days you will be able to see your family for most of the month.

You will have to put in an initial period of training at some training post or fort for Basic Combat Training as well as Advanced Individual Training for your specific job. During that initial training your won't be able to see your family except for a few days.