Is there a time limit to file for a passenger involved in a car accident Robert?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

If, when you initially reported the accident, you did not mention the passenger, it will appear very suspicious if you suddenly file for a passenger, especially if they are claiming damages for injuries.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Normally they would file right away.  However, some injuries take "time" to show up, especially head injuries, so now it is determined by the doctors as to when they can make a full assessment.  So you would have headed off to court already and a JUDGE looks over the medical report and tells the insurance what they are responsible for.

Which may be ALL MEDICAL EXPENSES are paid for (drugs and related to the injury expenses for the rest of the patients LIFE.  My accident was in 74 (so 45 years ago) and the insurance is on the hook for the medications related to Epilepsy.   If I should have a complication with a seizure and then lose my ability to walk, then insurance HAS TO PROVIDE ME with a wheelchair, etc.  Fortunately, it has not come down to that, drugs is keeping it under control.

But that decision was made 1 1/2years after the accident...just to get it out of the way.

I had an accident lawyer and a dozen doctor reports.

It is not a major win.  Accidents never are.

• fwh
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

First things first. You had an accident (Don't know where or when) You complted an aciident report for the insurance company. Now did you name this passenger on the form. If the answer is No then read no further they cannot claim. If yes then what is wrong with them? Insurers are very much on the ball with thye crash for cash claims these days. so they will be required to prove their claim.

• May
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Depends on the location which you have failed to provide but it is usually 2 years....

Robert

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • don r
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes there is a time limit for Robert or any other injured passenger.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

My name's not Robert

• Greg
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To file what? Where?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.