Why don’t adult birthdays matter?

Why are kids entitled to birthday celebrations and adults are not??? Adults are people too and we matter. A birthday is a holiday to celebrate your life. If kids are not given a birthday party, they get sad and we feel bad and angry about it. Why not the same for adults??? Society is messed up 

1 week ago

Because in adulthood society steals the joy of childhood. Same reason Christmas is such a burden for adults and so wonderful for kids. My Christmas is the day the tree comes down and the stupid holidays are over. I am already dreading the holidays and Christmas is not here yet. My ******* neighbor has a tree up already. 

Source(s): The Grinch Who Steals Christmas Joy, I steal birthdays also.

we recognize death is closer down the line..  I stopped celebrating my Birthday at 12..  I grew up when I was 4..

• Cogito

After you've had 18 birthdays, they start to matter less and less.

Adults are less selfish than children (usually) and they don't expect their family and friends to make a fuss of them and give them presents for simply ageing!

Better question:

Why aren’t birthdays a celebration of the MOM? I did all the dang work!

Well, for some people it really doesn't matter. I have a friend who doesn't rely on anyone to remember or celebrate his birthday. I do though, and I used to buy him cool gifts when he lived in my town. I call him up and wish him a happy birthday. The weekend of his birthday he treats himself with cake, ice cream food and drinks, and last year even sang to himself and posted it on Facebook.

For a child, birthdays are important transition points in their lives. For children, a tenth birthday represents the completion of one tenth of their lives and they will have to wait an eleventh of their entire life for the next one. By the time you get to 60, one sixtieth of your life is almost insignificant. 

Birthdays are recognised while the child is living at home and there are usually parties. Once they leave home, if they want a party, they organise it themselves. Important dates like 18 and 21 are marked with parties, after that it is usually the zeroes, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 etc.

if you want a birthday party as an adult, organise one. There is nothing to stop you.

Adults prefer to forget their birthday's because it makes them realize how much older they are getting.

• Wala4 weeks agoReport

I look younger than my age (10 years younger) and always like to remind myself of that fact!!! so that sucks for them