Why all the fuss regarding President Trump's choices regarding "protection" of the Kurds? I do NOT like what Trump chose to do but often?

his actions result in improvements for all involved. Should we wait to see the results? Where is that mutual protection portion of any Treaty guaranteeing unity between the USA and the Kurds?

Considering the Kurds to be allies is not accurate. They hated ISIS as much as we do and were willing to work with the USA to help defeat them. President Trump considers that agreement to be over, but that may not be an accurate assessment of the status of that conflict.

Best Answer

I am all for getting us out of the Mideast. However, it would have been a great idea to negotiate that cease fire *before* we started pulling people out.

• davidmi711
      2 weeks agoReport

Well Phillip, Mr. Art of the Deal sure blew that agreement not made public unless it was toi allow Turkey to kill some specific number of Kurds.

This is so true.

• Zack

By abandoning the Kurds, many civilians have died and ISIS terrorists have been freed.

• Philip H
      3 weeks agoReport

And that is one of the primary reasons why I said I do not like Trump's actions in this case.

You think dragging your child up a dusty road anead of an army is something you wait to see the results of??

• Philip H
      3 weeks agoReport

My question does not even imply that. No, I do not like that aspect of his questionable choice.

You're trying to put lipstick on a pig.

• Philip H
      3 weeks agoReport

Kurds are our only friends in the middle east and had the only non-Islamic democracy in the Muslim world. They were so happy we removed Saddam they named streets in their cities "George Bush Str" and "Richard Cheney Ave." Yes, this is shameful and will be remembered as a cowardly act for generations.

• Philip H
      3 weeks agoReport

This is a common sense issue. When allies like the Kurds help you fight a dangerous enemy, you don't suddenly abandon them to their long-term enemy for no good reason.

Trump has offered no rational reason for his abrupt action. How can other allies trust the US again after this disgraceful abandonment? Trump is endangering our national security.

This move makes Russia happy. As one Republican put it, this is a "shameful disaster."

• thinkingtime
      3 weeks agoReport

Trump doesn't care about anyone but himself and his kids.

Well....not for the Kurds.

I'm with you. McCain pushed this crap in the first place but we really were pushing something that never would work. I get guys like Graham having an issue with it because they always pushed for it. I don't get the reaction from the left other than they hate Trump. They really ought to like this one.

• Philip H
      3 weeks agoReport

• Dze

it really has nothing to do with that .. libs just want to perpetuate wars that have literally been going on for 15 years .. we were supposed to be over there how fcking long to start with ..several months was it ..

• Brian

Yes, abandoning an ally will no doubt have nothing but good effects for us down the road.

• Brian
      3 weeks agoReport

If I were looking for an ally, I know that the US wouldn't be at the top of my list right now. Especially not with Orange Bozo in charge.