Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 3 weeks ago

If a wife expects her husband to keep intimacy and sex inside the marriage BUT withholds intimacy and sex to manipulate, is an affair okay?

40 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

When you get a good answer for that let me know. Mine shut me off cause I call making love, sex a 3 letter word. 7 years later I'm ready to find some intimacy else ware.

• 3 weeks ago

Address why she is withholding sex, for most women(not all) If her emotional needs aren’t being met than she’s definitely not going to want to be intimate with you. If you love your wife you will want to know what is bothering her. Ask yourself what makes her feel loved and do those things. But stepping outside of your marriage is selfish and will only distance her further.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes, of course. Marriage is an outdated concept these days anyways.

• 3 weeks ago

its an oxymoron situation that you describe. its very likely that intimacy would be looked for elsewhere

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Why bring someone else into YOUR problem? That’s not right. Just divorce. Have some morals.

• 3 weeks ago

Not as far as I'm concerned.

That's like if I have an infected wound, and I'm asking if it's okay to take painkillers and cover it up with a long coat. No. Address the problem. Go to counseling and try to work out what is going on. Or if that doesn't work, get a divorce. An affair doesn't fix anything.

• roderick_young
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Given the broad range of human personality, there might be some case where an affair is healing. I've never seen it, though. Every affair I've known about has had an extremely negative the lives of everyone involved.

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

For the wives that is always ok but never for the husbands

• 3 weeks ago

It’s never ok. If you’re not happy, have communicated your feelings and possibly considered counseling, bail out. There are women out there who’d treat you better, and you don’t have to be dishonest.

• 3 weeks ago

Don't worry about it, you will never have a gf or a wife.

• 3 weeks ago

it is unequal inequitable relationship cannot last long

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.