Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Life advice? ?

I’m 21, currently working as a trainne electrician. I am finding my self extremely bored every day. Nearly all of my friends have grown up, gotten into relationships and stopped coming out as much if ever. I find my self extremely bored and to pass the Borden I am going out on average 4 days a week and drinking. I don’t know what to do as this is not an ideal lifestyle and I want to progress in life. Any ideas 

• cat

I'm glad you recognize that this is not a good lifestyle - it can become pretty destructive actually. If you are already bored as a trainee, then ask for more work, more responsibility, more lessons, etc. For relationships and friendships, make an effort to meet new people. Meet a friend of a friend, go on a blind date, try a dating app, sign up for a volunteer event on the weekend, etc. 21 is way too young to fall into such a solitary, lonely life or remain stuck in a rut. Good luck!

• Lv 7

News flash... work is called work for a reason. It's hard, stressful, and not fun. Don't quit or give up. Just realize this is a part of being an adult. You need to have a job in order to have money to live. So shape up and keep going to work. If you don't specifically like the employer, then you can interview around at other places. Don't quit though until you are hired somewhere else.

Take night classes. Keep learning and growing. There are lots of things to do in the evening besides sit in a bar drinking.

Nothing worse than pursuing a career you’re bored with. Either switch to something you’re more passionate about or reassess your long term goals. If you’re simply bored with your routine, stick out your training, and take time in your leisure to do things you enjoy.

Have you considered doing something a bit more constructive with your free time like joining a co-ed softball or soccer team, taking a dance class, joining a book club, volunteering at the animal shelter, etc.? Go learn something or do something or contribute something where you might meet like-minded people, maybe even someone to date.

• Cogito

You could spend some time at an English class, which most community colleges offer.

* trainee

* myself

* boredom

Or take up a hobby, go to a gym, go swimming, join a club or society - there are thousands of great hobbies!