Can the police arrest me if i don’t make an appointment with them to close a case?

I’ve told the police i want to close a case and they’ve told me i need to see an officer and sign papers in order for this to happen or else they will keep chasing me up. The problem is i dont live in the city where it had happened and all day today they had me waiting in the station and then after 6 hours of waiting decided it would be best to contact the police in the town where i live and make an appointment with an officer then. I cant believe they had wasted my time and made me wait all day when they could have told me this was an option in the first place. I dont feel like speaking to the police or taking another trip to the station to waste another day so i don’t plan on making an appointment to “sign papers” but my question is could i get into trouble for doing this and do i legally HAVE to see an officer.

I don't know who you talked to. The police CAN'T close a case once charges have been filed and don't need you to sign anything to close a case if charges haven't been filed.

• Bruce

You are never under any obligation to speak to the police, so you can not be arrested for that.

Now, if you are the suspect and they still have evidence without talking to you, then you can be arrested.

Friend the only way that you can close a case is to go to court and get sentenced or found not guilty! The police want you to set there until the arresting officer gets there so they can arrest you! If the case is about somebody else and not you and you wish to close it then you will have to set around until it's convenient for them.