Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 3 weeks ago

Does my eyes look bright in this photo or is the photo editing too much and should have stayed natural?

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Face and neck are badly overexposed and look unnatural. If this was done with photo editing software, it should be dialed way back or turned off. If the whole shot got this treatment, then reducing it or reversing it would cause a lot of the background to go to near black and lose detail. That would be an improvement also, because the face is the center of interest and the less going on in the background the better.

Source(s): Professional photographer and retoucher
  • 3 weeks ago

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• 3 weeks ago

No , they don't .

And the photo looks like a selfie to me . And not a good one .

FYI : I've done serious photography since 1986 ..

• keerok
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Can't take my eyes off the eyebrows!

• 3 weeks agoReport

In a good way or in a bad way?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There is no depth to the pupils of your eyes, so, indeed they look simply fuzzy. There is also no depth to the shadows on the left of the face, and if that sweater was "black" it appears grey, if we are honest. I might think that the original photo was overexposed (too bright in general) and that no editing has been done, but I am probably wrong.

Further thought - I was commenting on the dark part of your eyes, were you asking about the whites of your eyes?!

• Frank
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes, your whole face is now too bright.

If you want to have brighter/whiter eyes, then you should use selective adjustments as opposed to global adjustments like you did in this shot.  Doing this is quite simple with a program like Adobe Lightroom.

• John
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

All I see is the shiny spot on your forehead. Listen to the other answers about lighting and exposure.

• 3 weeks ago

Stayed natural because natural photos are always more beautiful

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It looks like an old photo from the mid 1990s when we didn't have digital cameras. Here's an example of a photo of a track race where you can see the difference in quality.

https://global.canon/en/imaging/eosd/samples/eos1d...

• Donald
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

The eyes look fine, it is just a bad photograph. Too many hot spots, a bad angle, too busy of a background plus too many other things to list. Find a good photographer and he/she will to a fantastic job, as you are fairly photogenic.

It just looks line someone with no formal training took a snapshot.

Best wishes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.