Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 3 weeks ago

Does my eyes look bright in this photo or is the photo editing too much and should have stayed natural?

Face and neck are badly overexposed and look unnatural. If this was done with photo editing software, it should be dialed way back or turned off. If the whole shot got this treatment, then reducing it or reversing it would cause a lot of the background to go to near black and lose detail. That would be an improvement also, because the face is the center of interest and the less going on in the background the better.

Source(s): Professional photographer and retoucher

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No , they don't .

And the photo looks like a selfie to me . And not a good one .

FYI : I've done serious photography since 1986 ..

• keerok

Can't take my eyes off the eyebrows!

• 3 weeks agoReport

In a good way or in a bad way?

• John P

There is no depth to the pupils of your eyes, so, indeed they look simply fuzzy. There is also no depth to the shadows on the left of the face, and if that sweater was "black" it appears grey, if we are honest. I might think that the original photo was overexposed (too bright in general) and that no editing has been done, but I am probably wrong.

Further thought - I was commenting on the dark part of your eyes, were you asking about the whites of your eyes?!

• Frank

Yes, your whole face is now too bright.

If you want to have brighter/whiter eyes, then you should use selective adjustments as opposed to global adjustments like you did in this shot.  Doing this is quite simple with a program like Adobe Lightroom.

• John

All I see is the shiny spot on your forehead. Listen to the other answers about lighting and exposure.

Stayed natural because natural photos are always more beautiful

• .

It looks like an old photo from the mid 1990s when we didn't have digital cameras. Here's an example of a photo of a track race where you can see the difference in quality.

https://global.canon/en/imaging/eosd/samples/eos1d...

• Donald

The eyes look fine, it is just a bad photograph. Too many hot spots, a bad angle, too busy of a background plus too many other things to list. Find a good photographer and he/she will to a fantastic job, as you are fairly photogenic.

It just looks line someone with no formal training took a snapshot.

Best wishes