Which nations in Europe are the most affordable to live in?

I have been considering visiting Europe however I have not done so because I think of Europe as expensive and I prefer to stay in nations as long as I am legally able to. If I have a budget of 1000 a month are there nations in Europe that I could rent a decent apartment and use as a base of operations so I could explore Europe? I understand politically I would probably like Eastern European countries more and I would have a common ethnicity as my great grandparents came from Poland.

I was considering Albania as I am an American citizen and I understand Americans can get a 1 year visa and can legally work if they chose to. So far I have a BA in Political Science and a TEFL certificate. I also have two years of teaching in Brazil and a year in Cambodia and China. I speak Portuguese, Spanish, Mandarin, and I am learning Russian.

I love Russian food. Especially borscht, pierogies, draniki, and medovik.

Best Answer

Poland and the Ukraine

according to prophecy... americans moved to serbia and russia

• Rick

Maybe, just maybe: Portugal

I've only visited a few places in Europe I've never lived there.

Poland's really cheap. They get 30 quid a month child allowance, they come over to England for a month and get 80 quid. I guess you could say they're quid's in.