Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Why was Obama allowed to have a book deal but Trump can't have the G7 at Dorale?

Democrats are buttheads!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Book deals are not funded with taxpayer money.

• Wasn't that the book deal from the company that the Obama government had awarded a $350 million contract to? Who says it is not your tax money?

• 4 weeks ago

Eh...because BO was not the POTUS at the time of his book deal...and you don't need to insult it just shows you off badly.

• Flower
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I dont see any correlation between writing a book after you leave office and holding the G& at Trump's property. Obama was paid a lot of money and the President offered his property without charge.

• random_man
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Trump did not offer to hold the G7 at Doral without charge. 

• 4 weeks ago

Because he wrote the book BEFORE he was president........

in case you never noticed...............running for president is often directly tied in with Hawking your latest BOOK. ....which they sell at rallies, leading up to the election.

It's almost an official side business of most candidates.

Remember when Palin said she was gonna "run " again, and toured the country Hawking her latest BOOK?

No one, and I mean NO ONE took her seriously as a Candidate........it was strictly about using the guise of running, to sell her books at all her whistle stops.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Obama's book was written before he took office. He wrote none in office that I know of. Unlike Trump that's running down to Florida each weekend to run his businesses he's not supposed to have.

• 4 weeks ago

If Trump is planning on letting the G7ers stay and eat for free, I say it's perfectly fine for him to host them.

If not,he's using his position to make money.

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

He was a senator when he wrote his 2nd book and out of office when he wrote the 3rd.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

If you don't understand the difference between the two transactions, it's no wonder you're a trumperhoid.

• 4 weeks ago

Because he had the book deal AFTER he was president, profiting WHILE you are president is what the problem is. He is using it (Trump) for his benefit not ours'

• 4 weeks ago

Being in office has a lot to do with that.  You guys love false and faulty equivalencies.   And are just Trumpettes blaring out the Donald's idiocy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.