Regarding the Electoral College: You DO realize, right, that it was the ONLY WAY they could give SLAVE STATES 3/5 of a vote for every slave?

(Conservatives DON'T KNOW that the Constitution gave slave states 3/5 vote for every slave.)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • That's not true at all. There are many other ways they could have done it.

Just one example off the top of my head. Implement something akin to a nationwide popular vote, the difference being that every slaveholder gets extra votes equal to 3/5 of his total number of owned slaves. Easy peasy.

• 3 weeks ago

Do You realize it was the only way to get smaller less populous states to join a Federation.

Otherwise states like Delaware and Maryland would have surrendered all political power to States like New York!

• Doc Awesome!
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Correct. Today, democrats want everyone to be slaves not just black like they did in the 1850s.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The electoral college was before 3/5 vote.

I do know one thing....if you need to win Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan, you don't go campaign in California like a greedy whore .

• 3 weeks ago

No honey....it is about protecting the minority in this country,

Using a simple example that you might be able to understand, there are 4 wolves and 3 sheep living in a democracy together and they have a vote as to what to eat for dinner that night...... The sheep don't survive the week in a democracy, and neither do people in a democracy that have a view that differs from the majority. Ask the people of Venezuela how well pure democracy works

• Mo3 weeks agoReport

I just can't stand these smug liberals that insult everyone ELSES intelligence like this while showing us all how little they really know about politics and the constitution....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.