do you give the mailman a xmas card with cash?

• carrie
    Best Answer

Yes I do, I always have done,

May be no..........

My mailman and post office are comically incompetent, so I don't even know if they would be smart enough or capable enough to receive such a gift. I.E. if I leave an envelope in the mail box marked "To the Mailman" it would be left in the box or returned because does no have the correct address on it.

no ......... but some New Yorkers do (evidently)

I rarely see the mail carrier, and I haven't seen the same one twice in the decade I have lived at my current address.

• David

No, never. Not the garbage men or the paper boy either.

No. My letter carrier doesn't do anything for me above and beyond his/her regular job. I see no reason to tip.

Post office employees are not allowed to accept a gift or tip over $20.

• Stan

We used to do many years ago but I just don't bother now. It's the same with the bin men .

• Vicki

No. But then again our mail person doesn't ever stay the same. I swear it's a new one every four to six weeks.

• KaleyK

Mailman is from the 20th century .... in the 21st century we have postal carriers. Hell no I don't give them cash. They make an average of $50k and they have a full federal benefits package.