Lv 7

Is mandatory chapel attendance at a Baptist university acceptable for Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons?

According to their website"

"The Baylor University family includes members from the Jehovah's Witness and LDS (Mormon) faith traditions. All freshman and transfer students are required to attend chapel services for two full semesters. Students are required to slide a Baylor ID card at the completion of the chapel service and then check to see if the card was accepted."

Is it OK, doctrinally, for JWs and Mormons to attend religious services where they might not agree with 100 percent of the teachings?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

I don't think my church would have a problem with it. Personally, I wouldn't, either.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Jehovah's Witnesses talk out both sides of their mouths.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Catholicism is the One True Faith and a person can know this with certainty by reciting the rosary every day with care.

• 4 weeks ago

No - Not for Jehovah's Witnesses. I do find it interesting, however, that Baylor University would make such a statement. In response I would say that there are many people who refer to themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not, however, referring to oneself as a Witness of Jehovah that makes us such. That said, it is not exposure to religious teachings with which we disagree that would prevent those possessing a Bible trained Christian conscience from attending the services of other religions. Clearly we expose ourselves regularly to such ideas as we participate in the world wide preaching work. It is the disrespect we would be showing to our God, Jehovah, as well as the hypocrisy we would be engaging in that would prevent any such attendance.

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Practice Interfaith?

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/inter...

• Caribbean Man
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Since when do JWs have a problem with engaging in hypocrisy, or showing disrespect to their god?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No for JWs. They receive their instruction directly from the Bible--through one-on-one Bible study, weekly meetings at the local congregation, and personal study. They supplement their study with Bible-based books published by their organization and reference other Bible translations as well.

• I don't think that the Witnesses of the Guardian Tower welcome the Baptists, because they belong to the category of Protestants, and we are in contrast with their religion.

Surely they will agree with the Mormons, in fact, they share many things of their heretical religion.

• @. Caribbean Man: it's not part of true Christianity, because Christianity and everything else, remains faithful to the words of God, and does not modify the biblical passages at will!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

YES that its alot more

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, because it's still a Baptist university. I'm sure they will be happy to include JWs and Mormons, but you still have to follow University rules which are to honor Baptist traditions.

My suggestion is not to attend such a university if you are not Baptist. They don't actually expect Mormons and JWs to attend, but they probably have to legally claim to be accepting.

• 4 weeks ago

YOU MUST BE JOKING........Jws are in a cult....

STICK WITH TRINITY CHURCHES FOLKS..

• L'nya
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Jehovah God will have the world's govts turn on ALL false religion including Christendom's churches and this will be the start of the great tribulation at anytime Now and at Armageddon Christendom's church members will be destroyed with the rest of the wicked-Rev 17:15-17;Matt 24:14,15,21 jw.org

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Anyone who signs on to go to a religious school, knows there are going to be stipulations. Any fool knows that. Those who don't want to attend the school, can go elsewhere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.