Why are there left-handed people?

They should not exist, right handed is the obvious way to go. No need for a left handed ladle.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It makes baseball more interesting. And we drive righties crazy watching us write upside down.

• 4 weeks ago

Ambidextrous is actually superior. And I'm right handed. With right-handed, I can only draw with my right hand. With left handed, my one friend can only draw with his left. With ambidextrous people, they can draw with both!

• 4 weeks ago

Just for curiosity, what on earth has this question to do with Astronomy & Space?

• 4 weeks ago

There is no need for clueless, stupid people but you're here none the less

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Since only 10% of the people are left handed, there are some hypothesis and is a common believe between molecular biologists, that there could be a genetic mutation or a deviation within the genetic network.

• 4 weeks ago

Because of hand preference when you start developing as a a human. It happens with dogs too!

It's all based on which hand the baby "likes" more when they start growing up. It's just that most babies choose their right instead of their left!

• Ryan3 weeks agoReport

I don't think that that is correct Bob, but I like the theory!

• Clive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What does this have to do with astronomy and space?

• 4 weeks ago

We live in a paired biology, equal pairs of chromosomes, pair of eyes, ears, lungs, arms, legs. left and right half brains.

Early development, one hand develops more usefulness making it the dominant.

Left half of the brain more controls the right side,,or the opposite.

A bit of genetics involved, not hereditary.

One can be right handed and left eye dominant.

Some can be ambidextrous, using either equally well.

Imagine yourself living in a world where most are left handed and products to suit.

• Ambidextrous, but only less than 10% of the current population is, it says something for future separating who is going to be on 4, after some thousands years adapting.

• 4 weeks ago

Well I have a Left handed Screw driver

• hoarseman
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Doe you have to buy oppositely threaded screws to go with it ?

• John
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Me, I don't think that's especially humorous.

• John
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

That's too bad. If you were you'be KINDA dumb.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.