Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How do you tell your friend the people she's hanging out with aren't her true friends?

So long story short, one of my friends started hanging out with these other group of girls but they seem extremely toxic, draining and needy. I've noticed my friend acts different around them (helps them with their homework, dumb's herself down, becomes more of a follower) but it's gotten to the point that they all text each other everyday, hang out everyday but it's unhealthy boundaries and she doesn't see that they use her but she does everything for them. 

Should I say something? For me the worst part is seeing a friend you care about go from someone confident and sure of herself to someone that wants to fit in. And they've only known each other for a year and some change.

If you are worried about her, just tell her that.

Butt out. She is entitled to choose her own friends.

Any interference from you is just going to make you look jealous.

Your opinion wasn't asked for. Nothing good is going to come from you insulting her friends, her judgment and her behavior.