Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 3 weeks ago

amherst college limiting students from each school?

I'm applying ED and think I have a pretty unique profile. However one student from my school has attended DIVOH and is very unique because he is bi-racial. I know acceptance rates are over 60%-70% if you attended DIVOH. Although he comes from a rich family, isn't as academically prepared, and hasn't gone through any hardships, his chances are very high. Another student it attending for sports. That's two people already. No one has ever applied ED in the past 3 years at my HS and I will be the 3rd applying this year. Do I still have a shot? Does their attendance diminish the chances of mine? 

• Clive

What does this have to do with personal finance?

Welcome to Affirmative Action.

The minorities have been deprived for 400 years, it is now the responsibility of Higher Education to correct that by adjusting enrollment rolls.

Lesson: when using abbreviations, or Acronyms always spell it out the first time used, so the ignorant (like me) know what you are talking about.

Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get or keep an erection

Office of Admission Diversity Open Houses (DIVOH)