Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

What is juvenile detention like?

A fake prison where you go when you have no “rights”

Be under the magical 18 and kill a fag or molest a kid and you may spend a few years there being coddled and not really punished. Then released without any record of what you did.

Am sure there are different types but the place where I was was like a boot camp set up for 16 and 17 year olds. We had jumpsuits and were up first thing and had to drills and PT and then education and work. It was very strict and we were kept busy all day with just some free time in the evening. I was in a dorm with others and hd to keep everything neat and tidy and had to call the officers Sir and do exactly as we were told. I hated it at first but looking back it did good for me and haven't been beack in jail since

Source(s): Ex Juvie Inmate

It's like jail, but you are locked up with others your own age. You are told when to eat, when to sleep, when to wake up..... You may have the opportunity to take certain classes and participate in counseling. Visitation is highly regulated and visitors must be approved. Your family may be permitted to visit for a couple hours a week. Expect no privacy, they read all your mail, no cell phone and computers are locked down and strictly monitored. You might be allowed to use computers during certain hours for things like online classes, homework and accessing legal information. It can be a rough place so obey all the rules.

• `

Great breakfast at 8:00am followed by tea and cookies at 3:00pm.

It's jail without any legal protection because you are a child. I have been told that the regular anal cavity searches are very, well, bothersome, even though the guards enjoy both conducting and watching the searches.

Juv. Det. Ctrs. have classes and gymnasiums, usually. Jails generally don't.

It's like Disneyland, but without the rides, cartoon characters or the ability to go home when you've had enough fun.  

The juvenile I caught trying to steal my car isn't enjoying his time in my basement at all.

- one meal a day

- has to crap in a metal bucket

- one blanket (no sheets)

- 1" foam mattress

- single 12-volt bulb

- no bathing facilities (gets hosed off once a week)