God has created us for His glory and for His pleasure.  Y or N?

“Everyone who is called by My name,

Whom I have created for My glory;

I have formed him, yes, I have made him.” Is 43: 7

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.  Rev. 4  KJV

Maybe, but it's more for ours, of course. Our spirits are literally his children, according to the Bible.

God created us out of love and by his will alone to love, honor, and glorify him with all our heart, mind and strength; and love our neighbor as ourselves. So, what do you think?

• L'nya

Jehovah God is the Creator of ALL "good" things-Psalms 83:18;Gen 1:1;Gen 2:Gen 1:31. jw.org

A human being wrote that.

• Because it PLEASED Him yes.....not for any gratification

And there is Eccl. 7:29.

OMGs you use Revelations like it's NOT a fairy tale .

Is the Dragon chasing the pregnant woman all over the cosmos wanting some baby stew for real .

How About the creature with the body of a lion , head and hair of a woman and tail of a scorpion ?

Revelations is Harry Potter for adults .

Source(s): Thumbs this down if you agree
    • Sure Glenn - You have that esoteric inside understanding from Skydaddy no one else has . Everything Jesus said was Greek Philosophy and new at the time . It's common sense now but if it makes you think you're onto something then good for you .

• Huh?

No. We both are products of the natural reproduction process of humans. You are a product of your parents and I am a product of mine. There was no god involved in either.

There is plenty of evidence for how human reproduction works and if you need additional evidence you could have your DNA tested proving your parentage.

Their is no evidence that a God exists and therefore no evidence that this nonexistent god created anything. If you can provide demonstrable evidence for that claim I will certainly reconsider my position. Which is more than I can say for many theists, they reject the idea of evidence based reasoning and refuse to acknowledge they have no legitimate justification for their beliefs.

Humanity does not exist for the pleasure or concern of anyone at all.

• yesmar

Yes and no.  Our job is to reflect his glory to this physical universe, to be his viceroys, kings and queens over his universe.

Doing this will be his pleasure, yes.

Source(s): Jesus follower