Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Is it a good idea to apologize to my ex boyfriend?

I went out with him for a few months in high school. It ended partially because he was moving away and partially because I was new to relationships and basically pushed him away from me. I wanted to apologize about the way I acted and how things ended so badly. I don’t have his number but I know he has social media. Before I was about to follow him on Twitter and send him a message, I saw that he has a girlfriend right now. I don’t want to make it awkward especially if he’s in a relationship. It’s also been about 2 years since we dated. I mean it’s just an apology though, I’m not trying to get him back. I’m not sure what to do and maybe someone who has more experience in relationships can help me? Also if I do send a apology how would I start it off?

You never owed him a long term relationship. You were a high school girl. My advice, unless your real goal is to get his attention, is to leave him alone. And if your real goal is to get his attention then, why? And why would you find it "awkward" that he has a girlfriend? It you aren't seeking to get his attention than don't demand it by trying to engage with him.

• Kieth

Ex means it's over, you don't owe him anything.

Personally l would never apologize to a boyfriend, certainly not an ex.