Mason asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Massive Retaliation, Do you think was a good thing or not, please explain why?

The aim of massive retaliation is to deter another state from initially attacking. For such a strategy to work, it must be made public knowledge to all possible aggressors. The aggressor also must believe that the state announcing the policy has the ability to maintain second-strike capability in the event of an attack. It must also believe that the defending state is willing to go through with the deterrent threat, which would likely involve the use of nuclear weapons on a massive scale.

please explain why you think what you think, thank you

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "retaliation". By definition it means the other side attacked first. 

• Mason1 month agoReport

no I know that, but does that mean you should go and take innocent lives that most of them wanted nothing to do with what their leaders were trying to do, their is a fine line between preventing something and just straight mass murder. but i do understand that they attacked first.

• y

Mutual assured destruction, when did the name change?

• Mason1 month agoReport

it was a while ago but most teachers called it Massive Retaliation for a while

• Jerome

I like putting names and faces to questions like these. Helps me see what you are trying to say.........

Israel obtain nuclear weapons in Hope's of ever being discovered they have the capability to retaliate and deter if it ever comes to blows.

I say use the tactics of theirs and of old........

David and now they are Goliath.......đŸ€”