Should I be open to other partners?

So it was my first time using a dating app for hook ups and I met a really nice guy. We didn't really "hook up" it was more just making out and spooning. Its been 2 weeks and neither of us have time to meet up. I don't think he wants anything serious and I'm not sure if he is still using the app. Seeing as how I have never actually "been" with anyone I am not sure I should try with anyone else. I really like his first guy and the first night he was really attentive and patient. I don't want to go for another guy but I cant wait forever. I plan on talking to him about it but I want to of it in person and not through text. I've text him a few times off and on about meeting but I don't want it to seem like I'm being clingy. Anyone got any advice for someone who has never been in any type of relationship? Honestly I don't feel like hanging out with other men without knowing first.

• Suzy Q

It was a date / kinda-hookup. Nothing more. You're not in a relationship with this guy. You're free to see other people. You're even free to go on dates / hookup with others and then get back to him for an encore. If that's what you want. 

The kind of contact you chose to make, is very much casual. No strings attached kind of stuff. I get the feeling that's not really what you're looking for. So don't offer yourself for hookups if you're looking to find someone to have a meaningful long-term relationship with. That's not how you find that someone. 

• Vicki

Well, if you feel like maybe he isn't interested in going anywhere more, then you can always have that conversation over the phone.

You don't need to see him in person, and you aren't being clingy. But don't be the only person trying to arrange a meet-up of some sort. Some guys have a good night, and decide it's not for them. It's not because of you, it's them.

If you don't think it's going to go anywhere else, I recommend moving on. He might be nice, but trust me, there are more nice ones out there.