unplugged asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Can headbanging cause brain damage?

I play in a band and we're pretty energetic live. But there's been a show here and there where my head hurts for a day after the show (Most I will have is 1 beer, so I doubt it's alcohol related.) I've heard of headbanging causing neck damage, but so far haven't heard of brain injuries coming from prolonged headbanging. Has there been any studies on this?

Best Answer

Head banging can indeed cause brain damage. Not only can it cause brain damage anytime you repeatedly damage or bruised a body organ you're leaving the door wide open to cancer and the brain is one of the most sensitive organs 2 repeated damage if you keep bruising the brain you're inviting brain cancer

haven't heard of brain injuries ?

one of our major senses, of the five, is hearing. when you use too loud music or any other kind of noise you damage your "hearing".

look-up "tinnitus", can you hear that ringing non-stop all day every day; use ear-plugs or more common sense.

protect your hearing as if you liked music.

• Tavy

The Stones have been headbanging in their concerts for 50 years.

They are still alive === just.

UK

• LAN

No. Brain damage is what causes brain damage.

A boss of mine tried to kill me with a hammer years ago. Three hits on my head; causing unconchis Epileptic seizures! 

Pray to God for helps in your life also! 

Banging your head against something usually leads to brain damage if prolonged.

Depends which head you're banging.

Any unnatural repetitive movements will cause damage to the body.

• Binks

I've heard a story about a young man who was at a Saxon concert and died from a broken neck from headbanging. Maybe it's mentioned in Wikipedia. That's way beyond brain damage.