unplugged asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Can headbanging cause brain damage?

I play in a band and we're pretty energetic live. But there's been a show here and there where my head hurts for a day after the show (Most I will have is 1 beer, so I doubt it's alcohol related.) I've heard of headbanging causing neck damage, but so far haven't heard of brain injuries coming from prolonged headbanging. Has there been any studies on this?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

Head banging can indeed cause brain damage. Not only can it cause brain damage anytime you repeatedly damage or bruised a body organ you're leaving the door wide open to cancer and the brain is one of the most sensitive organs 2 repeated damage if you keep bruising the brain you're inviting brain cancer

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

haven't heard of brain injuries ?

one of our major senses, of the five, is hearing. when you use too loud music or any other kind of noise you damage your "hearing".

look-up "tinnitus", can you hear that ringing non-stop all day every day; use ear-plugs or more common sense.

protect your hearing as if you liked music.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Stones have been headbanging in their concerts for 50 years.

They are still alive === just.

UK

• LAN
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. Brain damage is what causes brain damage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

A boss of mine tried to kill me with a hammer years ago. Three hits on my head; causing unconchis Epileptic seizures! 

Pray to God for helps in your life also! 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Banging your head against something usually leads to brain damage if prolonged.

• 1 month ago

Depends which head you're banging.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Any unnatural repetitive movements will cause damage to the body.

• Binks
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I've heard a story about a young man who was at a Saxon concert and died from a broken neck from headbanging. Maybe it's mentioned in Wikipedia. That's way beyond brain damage.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.