Rox asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

My skin blatantly smells like his?

I've been seeing some one for two weeks. We're still figuring each other out. We don't eat the same foods, we don't have the same scent based surroundings normally, neither of us was sweaty or damp in any way, he wasn't wearing cologne and it isn't cologne I'm smelling. My arm for some weird reason has the smell I associate with his skin. It isn't a normally occurring smell in my life and is distinctive to me. Not in a bad way, I actually quite enjoy the smell. It just seems so odd and I'm curious as hell, I like trying to learn these things. Does any one know why my skin literally smells like his even after washing it?

Many studies have concluded that cancer has a distinct smell. Dogs can be trained and electronic noses programmed to recognize cancer by smelling patient samples, but there is still no certainty about what exactly causes the smell.

It might be your shower water. It might be full of sulfer or other smelly minerals. For example. It could also be the type of food you eat. When I was a kid, my neighbor's family smelled funny. Later I discovered that their clothing was always washed in Fel's Naptha detergent. 

Maybe you use the same soaps or detergents.