Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

True or false: every parent should teach their children the importance of a college education?

They should make them work part-time in fast food or volunteer at homeless shelters so they will know what their life will be like without a degree.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Wow. Low. Because that's the reason you go and volunteer at a homeless shelter. Yeeeeeah not too sure about that one

• 1 month ago

not everyone can do the college work,i cant, nothing wrong with working fast food or at a homeless shelter

• 1 month ago

Getting a degree is no guarantee that they won't still end up working in fast food, or homeless.

• 1 month ago

Yes! Because nobody wants to be one of those losers who doesn’t finish high school and has to settle for a GED. Employers frown on that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

College education for many is a huge waste of time and money. It's not 1967.

• 1 month ago

My college educated brother-in-law has no job. My college educated cousins make less than $50K per year. On the other hand, my high school educated sister makes more than any of them.

• 1 month ago

True. Statistics prove that someone with a college degree will earn one million dollars more over a lifetime than one without a degree.

• amy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

a lot of trades earn more then college degrees.

• Cei
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I'm not sure I agree with you entirely.

I do believe in the value of hard work so all parents should encourage their children to get part time jobs as soon as they are old enough - that way they learn the value of money and hard work.

Where I disagree with you is the notion of a degree being the only route to a good job. I don't even have any qualifications from high school (I discovered girls and parties at about the time I was getting ready for my exams) but after leaving school I worked hard, gained experience and now have a very good job.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.