Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

True or false: every parent should teach their children the importance of a college education?

They should make them work part-time in fast food or volunteer at homeless shelters so they will know what their life will be like without a degree.

Wow. Low. Because that's the reason you go and volunteer at a homeless shelter. Yeeeeeah not too sure about that one

not everyone can do the college work,i cant, nothing wrong with working fast food or at a homeless shelter

Getting a degree is no guarantee that they won't still end up working in fast food, or homeless.

Yes! Because nobody wants to be one of those losers who doesn’t finish high school and has to settle for a GED. Employers frown on that.

College education for many is a huge waste of time and money. It's not 1967.

My college educated brother-in-law has no job. My college educated cousins make less than $50K per year. On the other hand, my high school educated sister makes more than any of them.

True. Statistics prove that someone with a college degree will earn one million dollars more over a lifetime than one without a degree.

• amy

a lot of trades earn more then college degrees.

• Cei

I'm not sure I agree with you entirely.

I do believe in the value of hard work so all parents should encourage their children to get part time jobs as soon as they are old enough - that way they learn the value of money and hard work.

Where I disagree with you is the notion of a degree being the only route to a good job. I don't even have any qualifications from high school (I discovered girls and parties at about the time I was getting ready for my exams) but after leaving school I worked hard, gained experience and now have a very good job.