Why do Atheists always defer to Presuppositional Arguments assuming Materialism is True?

Update:

Presuppositional Arguments are fine IF you have an objective Anchor Point to adhere to it. Mere observation is insufficient without Faith.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

cause thats what they think it is

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Atheists simply don't believe any gods exist. Beyond that, each atheist has their own opinion about materialism etc.

• 1 month ago

Materialism is true until you can show how your man-made superstition is real.

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

IF you have an objective Anchor Point to adhere to it.... atheist just honestly do not believe in any of the thousand invisible entities with literally ZERO evidence that theists call gods or what you call objective anchor point to adhere to it... for the lack of reality of the anchor point.

Religions are a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality and the very idea of gods is a product of the human imagination, evidence...all the old "true" deities that lose their believers end up as fairies and myths... their temples and sacred places take over by new religions and their oracles and prophets get silenced...is some old tradition

• Caesar
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I’ll make it so simple even a smart person as you can understand it. You say it's not honest to hold a belief with literally ZERO evidence, you don´t believe that will apply to your gods' claims. Don't worry you don't need to prove me anything the same way I don't need to believe any theist claims?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The difference between fantasy and reality is much more important than you think.

• Huh?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Presuppositionalism is a school of christian apologists, so no atheist would use that argument. You are either a moron or a troll, but probably both.

Materialism is a doctrine that rejects the supernatural and holds that only the material world is what exists. It is based on the complete lack of evidence that the supernatural is real.

Faith is the excuse used by those that have insufficient evidence to justify their beliefs. In that context it is synonymous with gullibility.

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

i bet you aren't invited to many parties

• We don't, and you are making that up out of whole cloth. We generally call that LYING.

Attachment image
  • Mack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Evidence, sorry that doesn't work for your beliefs.

• 1 month ago

Not that I've seen, no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.