If I switch to manual focus on my DSLR will the manual point slection AF still work?

no they do not work

• BriaR

Depends on the lens and the camera.

Easiest way to find out if your camera/lens combination supports it, is to give it a try!

On my Canon cameras when using EF or EF-S lenses then if I select all AF points then as I manually focus the relevant point illuminates briefly as focus is achieved at that point. When I have my fully manual fisheye lens attached I get no focus confirmation.

Ummm.... why not just try and see? Geez.

• keerok

This feature is different with each camera. Some might maintain actual focus confirmation at different AF points while those that I use do it only at dead center. Then there are some that lose focus confirmation when going manual. It would be best to check the manual but to be sure, just try it with your camera and see how it goes then adapt to it.

• Frank

It depends upon which DSLR you own.  What does the owner's manual say?

Usually one can choose a focusing point and when in MF the camera will use that specific point to confirm focus.  But this is a generalization.  Will your specific model do it?  Probably, but to know for certain, you have to read your owner's manual.

Or, you can simply choose a focus point, put the camera into manual focus and then test it out.

• qrk

How can you have manual focus and auto focus (AF) at the same time?

You are probably asking if the 'focus indicator' uses the selected 'focus point' when using manual focus (Nikon terminology). Refer to your manual for the terminology used on your equipment. On my cameras, this is the case. However, you should always verify this on your equipment. This is a very easy test to perform if you have two objects within your viewfinder at different distances, say 5 and 10 feet.

• Andrew

Some cameras confirm focus, some don't - your manual will tell you.

I'm not sure what you're asking!  If you're asking if the selected AF points will notify you of correct focus when you use manual, that's going to depend on the camera.