Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Do dogs like the taste of antifreeze?

I have a 6 year old Rottweiler. Yesterday, I spilled antifreeze on the ground while trying to get it into my car. He came up and lapped it all up. Do dogs actually like the taste?

Best Answer

Only in your imagination, Mr. Troll.

Yes they will drink it because it tastes sweet AND ITS VERY TOXIC people are stupid and wouldn't know its toxic

I love antifreeze, I put it in all my exotic wines and dishes, imported from Mars (of course). It increases the taste by 50 points. Sometimes you have to roll a d20 though.

You probably KILLED your dog. If not, PLEASE take him to a vet. Poor guy.

• patty

take to vet it is poison

Most antifreeze solutions contain high levels of ethylene glycol, an ingredient that, once metabolized, is extremely toxic to dogs and cats. Pets are often attracted to the liquid because of its sweet taste. Even small amounts can be lethal to animals.Aug 31, 2011

Antifreeze Poisoning in Dogs and Cats - Vetstreet

www.vetstreet.com › care › antifreeze-poisoning

This was the first site when I googled your question. For more information you can google your question. Very very toxic to dogs.

• Eva

Hope you're a troll. If not, you've poisoned your dog. Antifreeze tastes sweet and dogs and cats will drink it. It's extremely toxic, even in small amounts.

Just to say....

Everybody likes the taste of antifreeze.

Yes. Antifreeze is sweet tasting. And can destroy your dog's kidneys.

Yes. Most antifreeze solutions contain high levels of ethylene glycol, an ingredient that, once metabolized, is extremely toxic to dogs and cats. Pets are often attracted to the liquid because of its sweet taste. Even small amounts can be lethal to animals. Your pooch may end up having kidney failure as a result of your carelessness. Your concern for his welfare is very touching.