Drum brake cylinder?

I took apart my driver side rear drum brake to add a little height temp grease between the shoe & backing plate to stop a squeak that it was making when I would let my foot off the brake pedal. Well I solved that problem but in the middle of reassembling the brakes the brake cylinder started leaking a little bit. 

Is this cylinder broken or is this normal? The brake pedal also feels softer like air may of gotten in, I am planning on bleeding them as soon as the sun comes up here. 

Any useful help is appreciated,

Thank you

• Erik
    Best Answer

Get someone else to press on the brakes while you look at the wheel cylinder. If a lot comes out, it means you punctured it somehow, and you need a new one.

Not normal unless the pistons where pushed out too far during your fiddling. It may need replacement.

If its not leaking when u press the pedal and the gaskets are ok its probably just dust

• don r

Replace the leaking cylinder and bleed the brAkes. Be happy.

Rebuild or replace the wheel cylinder.