Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 months ago

If Jesus is the "unique selling point" of Christianity, what's the "unique selling point" of Judaism, Islam and Hinduism?

• Justin
    Favorite Answer

"Christmas is that special time of year when people of all religions, faiths and cultures come together in harmony...to worship Jesus Christ.' --- Bart Simpson

• Archer

Actually many demigods produced from the raping of a human have been presented by mankind. Not so unique and definitely not original.

• User

Judaism - we are the chosen people of God

Islam - no, we Arabs are the chosen people of God, and we have the perfectly-preserved teachings of God's final and ultimate prophet

Hinduism - [frankly: I'm not sure, I don't know enough about Hinduism]

Judaism - Those lovely little hats

Islam - Sex with 9 year old Girls

Hinduism - All those Indian Chicks.

• Jea

That is not the main factor.  Fear is the selling feature of christianity. "join up or else" their message.  They use terror to sell their snake oil, not the characters.

They use Jesus as a threat too.

Religion was created to control people, or to help them try to be good enough to go to heaven (and that's stupid). No one can be good enough. I know I'm not.

Goodness isn't earned, it's a gift: but only if we let Jesus to take away our "sin".

Did you know Jesus was against religion?

It was one of his greatest traits. He stood opposed to the "religious" way of trying to please God. Instead, he said he came to ABOLISH religion and give us a way to have a direct, intimate relationship with our Creator.

No longer would we have to go through institutions, rituals and religious organizations to come to God. Instead we can now "dial direct" and have a relationship with God through Jesus. How wonderful! :)

That's why I do my best to be as "irreligious" as possible and stress the fact that I support the Christian FAITH, but not the Christian RELIGION.

That's why the Jesus of history so attractive to me. He never came to start a new religion, but to show us how we can come directly to God through him.

It's up to you whether or not you want to follow this man; He invites everyone. If you don't want to, He walks away without you.

Read  the Bible, the Whole Bible, and find out! 

Why not study the "Bible Code" and find out where even You are coded in the Bible?! 

It's a bummer those other cults don't have the

Zombie Factor of the christian cult.

yes that makes sense to me too